Sunday, May 3, 2009

An Unremarkable Evening

The last time I made love, the chilly night
Enshrouded me in garbled secrets that
I never shall discern. And so, the trite
Old ritual morphed into idle chat.
“I had a splendid time tonight,” she said,
Then grimaced at the shadows on the wall.
“Yes, it was nice,” I blandly claimed. Instead
Of cuddling me, she curled into a ball.
My saviour was the queasy yellow moon--
That phosphorescent beacon of the skies.
I sensed that other wand’ring souls had hewn
Its crags, with longing gazes from their eyes.
     Inferring kindred spirits in my boat,
     I drifted, calmly, on a peaceful note.

5.09
s.d.

2 comments:

  1. "Looking for love in all the wrong places, looking for love in too many faces"???

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem is not where one looks for love, or with whom one looks for love. The problem is looking for love. Love cannot be found, rather love does the finding.

    Love is not fate either. While love cannot be found by looking, it can be missed by hiding. Love can only be reached by neither looking nor hiding, and even then, there are no guaranties.

    -BS

    P.S. I am totally not this sensitive, what is up with me today?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
(C) Copyright 1998-2013, All rights reserved by the author. You can email me at: gumbynotpokey@yahoo.com