Tuesday, May 26, 2009

MD Unwinding

It’s party time; down Route 100 East
We roll until we find the haven’s door,
Prepare ourselves an alcoholic feast
And argue over who’ll sleep on the floor.
Friends of friends amass upon the scene.
I slip the tumult, close the screen behind
And contemplate the Chesapeake. Serene
In starlight, it implores me to unwind...
Atop a nearby pier, a silhouette
Suggests a woman in like-minded state;
I join her for a conversation. (Let
Impending dawn and rumination wait!)
     We share a while, alone, among the boats
     And laugh in learning neither of us floats.

5.09
s.d.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely sounds like the beginning of Summertime to me!!! Juxtaposition of good friends, food, drink, and beautiful scenery and l-o-ng nights too...

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
(C) Copyright 1998-2013, All rights reserved by the author. You can email me at: gumbynotpokey@yahoo.com