Friday, April 10, 2009

N. on a rainy eve

ah to be staring out at the moonswept pavement as
time slowly unfolds around me into soft cushy layers
and each passing moment leaves behind millions more
which for all i can tell seem to never run out

i cant stop my mind from creeping eerily towards
some unknown destinations places people like
what im gonna wear tomorrow and who im gonna see
and whos life could i change with a wave of the hand

the rain pitter patters too and i think about numbers
i contemplate god and friends and beef stew and love
yes love it is riveting and confusing and wonderful
all at once and seems to come from nowhere

certainly love is a coveted thing i know so i hold fast
and never relinquish it but i also have learned that
it floods you slowly and swamps you and you cant
wriggle free no matter how hard you force it

now ive been forewarned that love takes awhile so my
mind falls back towards what im gonna wear tomorrow
what classes i have and finally i resort back to the time
which im sure i will never run out of

9.01
It’s drizzling outside. After a spontaneous and satisfying evening, I’m content to sit in my comfy (if empty) apartment and savour the moment. There’s a flickering tinge of nostalgia and I feel older. I reread and relish the second stanza.
s.d.

4 comments:

  1. I awoke this morning to a wild turkey gobbling outside of my window. There's something to be said for this. Pavement and people can both be harsh. What is the turkey gobble? Looking for love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feed me honey, I am immortal, purify my soul and ready me. I embrace your passion, I dive within, it shakes me inside.. I throb and pulse for your touch. I cry when you are gone, there is no pain such as this pain. To feel lust awakens my soul to yours...for one moment we are connected, tangled in each other, you flood inside me and nothing else exists, this is the feeling we live and die for.
    Wait....
    this is not our love,
    Our love is the incredible scent, our love is the burn of a lingering kiss and the ache of separation.
    Our love is andante, it is Polaris, not trillions, just two, just you and I my love...
    like hand to glove, warm, comforting and like Autumn, not a glorious fanfare, not Primavera, not a thousand red roses not even one red rose... but finally...
    it is here.
    Finally you are mine and I give myself to you.
    I give you my essence, my color, my light.
    I ignite in you, and your fire is within me. I invoke, I am your muse, strong and beautiful from this love.... to others you become irresistible,
    my thoughts return and I awake, it is dark...in this darkness I see you, I do not lust for you, but you are remarkable to me, you are suddenly the world in which I long to live, I snuggle into you, your lash brushes my cheek and I am at home.
    I breath out () and it is like I have held my breath since I came into this world. I do not touch, I do not kiss you, I am not lost within you...there is no throb, there is no ache. I am instead found within you, I see myself in your eyes, so beat steady heart, this is peaceful, this is it...now my life begins...
    where was this love? this love came so slowly, so softly, it whispered, its roots grow deep within my fibres and I know it shall never leave me, even when you are gone, you are never gone Polaris.

    This is the very power of my love
    feed me honey, for I am immortal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this poem--was it written recently or long ago? It speaks to me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, I actually wrote it on the night of my wedding....

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
(C) Copyright 1998-2013, All rights reserved by the author. You can email me at: gumbynotpokey@yahoo.com