Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Good Days and Bad Days

I have good days and bad days. Like most people, I have some moments where I feel on top of the world and other moments where I feel the world is ending. There doesn’t seem to be any discernible pattern. Oftentimes, I wake up feeling great and leave work feeling upset for no reason. Other times, I have a difficult time getting out of bed yet wind up feeling like the luckiest guy on earth. The only constant when it comes to my feelings is that they are transitory. Neither end of the emotional spectrum reigns supreme. Today started out just fine, but by mid-day I felt downright rotten, and later I felt splendid. I’ve trained myself that the bad times are temporary and I shouldn’t dwell on them. I’ve learned to savour the good times. I’m sure I’ll have plenty to laugh, cry, and smile about tomorrow.

s.d.

2 comments:

  1. I guess highs and lows are a part of life---we have to learn to minimize the bad and maximize the good...I myself don't really like the low lows--sadness, unrest, anger, depression bring about negativity and unhappiness..
    I always opt to try for happiness and hope, even if I have to kind of "write off" feeling upset or slighted or having a bad day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry! Be happy!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
(C) Copyright 1998-2013, All rights reserved by the author. You can email me at: gumbynotpokey@yahoo.com