Monday, February 1, 2010

From Birute Hill

A lifetime since the widely nights in Vilnius,
Alone today I lean upon your chest cold wave
Your power granted, as aspirations to the heart
Expressed so powerfully, you are My Baltic!

How you have grown longer, infinite and wide!
And as you listen impatiently to mysterious voices
I dream of you alone to receive my earnestness,
Upon each stillness your wave ferociously strikes!

Sadly for me! Have you turned? Why - I do not know;
Alone, would that the storm collapse me more acutely:
Forgetting between your calm and not seeing me,
Yet desiring yourself to the side closer to the Gulf.

I long to be your close friend: I believe in you;
It’s like a tidal storm pain in my soul;
Secretly you betray this dark face
And ever leave, like me, restless.

s.d.

Nuo Birutės Kalno (Maironis)

Išsisupus plačiai vakarų vilnimis,
Man krūtinę užliek savo šalta banga
Ar tą galią suteik, ko ta trokšta širdis,
Taip galingai išreikšt, kaip ir tu, Baltija!

Kaip ilgėjaus tavęs, begaline, plati!
Ir kaip tavo išgirst paslaptingų balsų
Aš geidžiau, tu pati vien suprasti gali,
Nes per amžius plačių nenutildai bangų!

Liūdna man! Gal ir tau? O kodėl - nežinau;
Vien tik vėtrų prašau, kad užkauktų smarkiau:
Užmiršimo ramaus ir tarp jų nematau,
Betgi trokštu sau marių prie šono arčiau.

Trokštu draugo arčiau: juo tikėti galiu;
Jis kaip audrą nujaus mano sielos skausmus;
Paslapties neišduos savo veidu tamsiu
Ir per amžius paliks, kaip ir aš, neramus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
(C) Copyright 1998-2013, All rights reserved by the author. You can email me at: gumbynotpokey@yahoo.com