Sunday, January 31, 2010

Off Center.
























Crushing you cruelly,
the slippery orange sky
blazed ominous friction.

I forsook the superficial
chivalry, the soft hand
kissing that fed you.

Your feelings strewn
as scrap metal pieces,
rusted and misplaced.

I rediscovered an old
friend, found work and
read Joyce’s Ulysses.

Vivid yellow and soft
lavender, both sunset,
still you wrote to me.

Discarding the earnest
letter, envelope intact,
I made a sandwich.

Off Center. s.d.
(Note: The artwork is Mark Rothko's "White Center.")

1 comment:

  1. I love this poem--the imagery, the corresponding artwork, etc.

    However, I fear it is of someone (a male pretty sure) breaking up with his "significant other"

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
(C) Copyright 1998-2013, All rights reserved by the author. You can email me at: gumbynotpokey@yahoo.com