Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Whisked Away

Today’s the day you’re whisk’d away to Rome
A caravan to Marrakesh for you
A chateau in Geneva for your home
And rented rooms in Monte Carlo too
This afternoon in Paris fine red wine
Then walk along the Auckland ocean pier
In Budapest by evening time you dine
Then taste another city far from here
A world expanding fast cannot stay cold
This science puts a smile upon your face
Go on and in your heart forever hold
Some warmth for this dilapidated place
     If constant pain and anger make you numb
     Escape and see the best is yet to come

3.09
s.d.

3 comments:

  1. This is good. I think I might even know what it is about, so I'm not going to comment further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how some need cities, planes, night lights and mechanical noise to feel alive. Some need silence or life surrounded by the noise of those things not touched by man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why, hello. I just bookmarked you.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
(C) Copyright 1998-2013, All rights reserved by the author. You can email me at: gumbynotpokey@yahoo.com